Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let The Games Begin!

I'm so sorry that it has taken me over a week into my 6 week program to start this blog but I promise to update you from here on out. I'll fill you in on the trip thus far. So here we go...

Gabby, Kendall and my luggage leaving Gabby's house for Eller Friday afternoon!

At 1pm on Friday June 22nd, our group of 43 students met in Tucson at the Eller School of Business in our "golf casual" clothing, ready to embark on adventure that we've been waiting for for nearly 6 months! Looking back now, it is weird to think that was only a week and a half ago. I did not know many of these people and to think of all the times we had where we sat in a room silent together for months at meetings. If you saw us now, you'd think we'd all known each other for months, even years. Try getting this group to shut up, I dare you. It's not going to happen, just ask our teachers.

After meeting at Eller, we drove in vans out to the JW Marriott, where we spent two nights bonding and getting ready for our summer together. Saturday morning at 7 am, we met in the lobby and headed out to the U of A ropes course to enjoy a day of team bonding and togetherness. By the time it reached 10 am, it was over 90 degrees and we were bonded more than we thought we could be. We enjoyed a nice (and when I say "nice" I mean hot and sweaty) Saturday afternoon at the resort; tanning, swimming and wine tasting. Later that night, we attended a Tucson Padres game. It was a fun night, sitting up on the private patio area eating and enjoying each others company. It was early to bed for us that night (11:30pm is early for us). We needed to be up and downstairs, ready to go to the airport (in our "golf casual") at 5:45am so we'd be ready to get straight off the plane in Dallas and headed to the Cowboys Stadium for a tour!

The next morning was rough. Attempting to get everyone downstairs on time was a struggle but getting everyone PLUS our rolling luggage, duffle bags and backpacks per person in the van, was a whole other story. I will say I have a huge appreciation for the men on this trip because despite my college experiences I have learned that chivalry is in fact not dead. With 12 girls and 30 guys on this trip, I have not had to unload one suitcase, carry anything over 15 pounds and I always get a seat when there is limited seating at a venue. These boys are gems and I am so happy that we have all become such good friends! They treat us well and make sure us girls never walk anywhere alone (without one of them present). I am happy to report that chivalry is still kickin'. After a close call at the Tucson airport (only got there 40 minutes before because of luggage positioning issues in the vans), we got on the plane safe and sound and were off to Dallas!

View from JW Marriott in Tucson

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment