Monday, July 23, 2012

Cricket Match – Let the z’s begin…. Yawn.


So cricket…. And I’m done. This post is over. Thanks for reading.

No but really, I do not understand this nations obsession with cricket. We took the train to Birmingham (about a 15 minute train ride) and caught the Birmingham team play. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Someone needs to explain to me how a game that can last for days, where both teams wear the same outfit (so you can’t differentiate them if you tried) and attempt to slap a ball with a flat board anywhere on a circular field is fun? The most physical exertion we saw all day was when one of the hitters actually hit the ball and him and his partner did the weird running back and forth thing about 14 times while the other teams players (I’m guessing, couldn’t tell by the outfits) got the ball back to their Bowler (aka a pitcher). I was worried for about .2 seconds that someone may have broken a sweat and ruined their white cable knit, but don’t worry, everything was fine. That about wraps up cricket. There were barely any people in attendance since it was a day game. We talked to our tour guide and he told us that the day games are usually filled with old retired people and explained to us that the game we were witnessing was day 5 of a cricket game. He said that usually with lots of fans and an exciting opponent at a night game, they were more fun. I just do not understand. I tried to be open-minded and take it in but I’m sorry…. I do not like or understand cricket. The physical sport of it is easy to pick up watching it for 3 hours….. which we did….. but the rules are what gets you. Look them up and I guarantee you, you will see how this game is confusing by non-cricket playing countries. I use to think baseball was boring but oh my god I was begging for a fun baseball game after watching cricket for 15 minutes. That about wraps up my cricket experience. I’m fairly certain that was my first and last cricket experience but to any of you haven’t been to a cricket match, don’t knock it til you’ve tried it. I know it sounds boring but please go, because no matter how hard I try to form my emotions into words right now, I do not think it’s physically possible for me to describe the mind dulling and excruciating boredom that is the act of witnessing a cricket match.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment